HP dv4-1413tx vista 64-bit drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkki

Beta member
Hey people. i have the above HP dv4-1413tx lappie as mentioned. it's running on 32-bit vista, but i'd like to upgrade it to a 64-bit. problem is HP web discontinued support for this lappie's drivers and i can't find any of its drivers for vista 64bit.. any idea how can i go about getting/doing it?
thx:)

You can try to find out what components compose the laptop and get drivers from the manufactures if available.

More importantly, what are your reasons for needing to run the laptop with a 64bit OS?

because it comes with a 4gb ddr2 ram. the 32bit vista would be underrunning the 4gb..
and by components, do u mean the processor, graphics card, sound cards, ports etc etc?

by components i mean:
chipset
ethernet
sound card
graphics
card readers or any other accessories you may have.

Depending upon you video memory 32bit vista would recognize up to 3.5gb of RAM.
Not really worth the effort IMO for the extra .5 to .75gb of memory.

But, by all means if you want to do it go for it.
I would search google for the model of laptop you have and "upgrade to vista 64bit" to see if anyone else has done this and which drivers they used. It could save you a bunch of time.

really? cuz i heard it's only gonna use like 3gb of e ram.. if it's 3.5gb den nah i wouldnt u/g. hmm my graphics card is nvidia geforce G105M 512mb.. any idea?
thx:)

so it can use 3.5 - .512 from gpu = 3gb that windows can use.
That is why I had "depending upon your video memory".
If you had one that was only 128mb then that would be all that you would subtract from 3.5.

So check online about your model to see if anyone else has had success finding 64bit drivers for your model.

If not running with 3gb is not bad at all and the difference between 3gb and 4gb is not that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom