Temperatures with watercooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

nino_ca

Baseband Member
Hi all. i just bought a watercooler of thermaltake...it is a 760is.

my case is an akasa infiniti

my processor is a phenom II 940.

my temperatures are on idle around 40C running it 3.0Ghz

when i raise it to 3.6Ghz 240 X 15 and Vcore at 1.5 ..it goes to 48 in adle.. i think it is to much since iam using watercooler.. and artic silver 5..

well i have to say that i live in brazil and here ambient temperaures are like 30-35C

theres any way to make it work a bit more colder?

or it is just normal?

looks like this watercooler isnot so good as i thought...

thanks all

what are your load temps?

you can get better idle temps on air than those you have given us.

1.5v seems like alot for 3.6GHz

Set your Voltage to 1.42... That's where mine is and I'm running the same clock.. Then check your temps. Higher voltage makes for higher temps.

Where is your radiator placed? That does make a difference.. It should be in as much open air as possible, not tucked in a corner somewhere so the rad fans aren't sucking back in expelled air.

IMO that is actualy half decent, I have a Athlon 6000+ with water cooling and a 3x120mm rad, it idles around 40C, but loads at 45C, water cooling won't help idle temps much, but it does help keep load temps far lower than air cooling.

Also do you have all the air out of the system?

Thermaltake watercooling systems are garbage. I would return it and get a nice air cooler. I have heard a lot of problems with people's leaking. I don't know what your options are in Brazil though so maybe you can't really get a nice air cooler

^ I know Thermaltake isn't the BEST, and that's a pretty broad generalization.... My buddy's had his Thermaltake LCS in his x2 4200 since 'Nam.. No problems with his.. It serves it's purpose for the money spent.

Thermaltake watercooling systems are garbage. I would return it and get a nice air cooler. I have heard a lot of problems with people's leaking. I don't know what your options are in Brazil though so maybe you can't really get a nice air cooler

i can get any product i want in brazil, i just need to import hehe.

but ye i realized that the place of radiator make a big diference, and i was thinking " if it were out of case would help much more"

i have an asus royal knights air cooler, i just changed for this watercooler.

like someone said, i saw that watercooler really helps when u are on load..temperatures do not go so high like it did with aircooler, will try to replace the radiator to see it can get more fresh air .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom