Overclock settings:

Bus speed 190
CPU on a 20x multiplier (21 with Turbo)
RAM on a x8 multiplier, 1.5v
Vcore at 1.23
Memory timings have been loosened to 9, 9, 9, 20
Turbo and C1E enabled

I believe that is everything.

SuperPi is stable at 10.281s for 1M, failed prime95 after a couple of minutes (I loaded Firefox at the same time).

Second problem I have is it also fails to post on cold boots. If I restart as soon as I hit Windows and reapply the overclock it will boot fine and run SuperPi no problems.

Does anyone have any pointers to improve the stability of the Overclock?

I know I am already putting a lot of strain on the memory controller running 6 sticks of RAM.

Thanks for the help.

bump your ram voltage to 1.64-1.66

also, make sure your uncore is atleast 3200MHz
and your QPI is near 1.3v or better

7800gt? you plan on getting something better sooN?

edit: another thing you can try after the above is done, is try the 19x multi... it is said that it is more stable than the 20x, but i can neither confirm or deny that statement

1.25 should be almost enough vcore for that clock. perhaps bump it up just a touch. should not need more than 1.3 but do not move it all the way to 1.3. small bumps and test with prime.

what is your qpi/vtt set at?

Superpi 1m is by no means a test of stability. If you fail within 5 minutes in prime you are very unstable. I like to see at least 1 hour of prime before I start to feel good.

According to my notes, QPI is at 1.175. Will try it higher in the morning. VTT is at 1.375. Would I need to increase RAM voltage with it running at stock/below stock? It's rated for 1.65v so no harm in upping it.

I want to put as little as possible stress on the memory controller, would using a lower multiplier still be beneficial? Should I turn Turbo off and get it to 4GHz with a bus of 210MHz? Think I would have to set memory multiplier to 6x which would help.

7800GT? Possibly. I've not really gamed on my PC since the 7800GT was considered really good. :p

Hmm, how is it that your able to run 6 dimms at 1600mhz, I was under the impression that the x58 can only run 3 dimms at 1600mhz, but 6dimms at 1333mhz or lower. Perhaps that why your OC is unstable, try running the dims at 1333mhz instead?

test your ram, @ that low of voltage when you have it running @ 1600, i think thats your problem. along with your QPI voltage, up it to atleast 1.3

x19 multi, QPI at 1.3 and RAM on a x6 multiplier has made it worse. BSOD on bootup.

It was stable (prime 2 hours) at 1600MHZ at 3.2GHz CPU.

Think it was at 1.65. Should it need more than stock though? Was running it at 630 on the 6x multi. Will bring the overclock back, when I get back in a couple of hours.

To confirm it was at 1.66v.

3.7GHz doesn't want to be stable anymore. Put it back to 3 for the moment (primed stable for 14 hours with memory at 750/1500MHz.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom