Sapphire HD4850 Diver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastapanda82

Baseband Member
I just put this computer together for one of my friends and everytime i install the driver for the Sapphire HD4850 after the microsoft vista loading sceen thing(the one with the bar) the screen turns black. I run the computer in safe mode, uninstall the driver, restart, and it works fine again. After i install the driver again, same problem.
Also when you start it up it says DMI needs to be updated.

This is running on a Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P motherboard with a AMD Phenon II black edition x4 955, and a 500watt powersupply along with Windows Vista premium 64bit.

Is it because the power supply isn't enough? or is there just a problem with the driver?

The Chipset drivers have all been installed but i havn't done the windows updates yet.

EDIT: Well i just did all 50 windows updates...still not working, any more ideas?

i put the 9.2 version on before the updates, now it has the 9.5 version on it. There is also the 9.3 version should i try that?

Try the 9.3 version just to see if it works. If that works, from there try to update to 9.5...if it blanks out after that, just roll back to 9.3 if that worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom