No more overclocking for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
big guy in a little coat!

you need to watch tommy boy!

btw, whats best you can do with new bios?

well the thing is with the older bios, after the scrach it would not let my change any thing or set any thing different other than what was default. this created alot of problems for me mostly dealing with my HDD boot order cause it screwed that all up. and now with the newer bios i can now save changes in the bios (shocker, i know) and now i can barley get above 380FSB.

and i migh see about sending it to gigabyte to see if they can fix it, or warranty it. i'll just say i bought it like that ;) cause the newegg warranty is expired, i'm sure. i bough it around X-mas.

Housekeeping..

Housekeeping..

Would you let me sleep for the LOVE OF GOD!!!

LMAO!!!

I completely missed the fact of the drill and the broken bit.. If It did work right after that, I'd feel might bummed.. I was workin on my rig once while I was drinking and I did a CMOS reset wrong.. Regardless of PSU Switch position, UNPLUG THE DARN CORD! I fried that GB MA790GX DS4H Board I JUST got back from RMA.. You wanna talk about ashamed... Bummed... Embarrassed... You name it.. Uuuugh, took me a while to admit to that one.. that's why I'm now running the board that WAS my back up board during the RMA process.

well, made some more progress.

i tried to play crysis and when it loaded it was like a slide show. i was only getting like 10-15FPS. so i ran GPU-Z and i saw that the PCI-E slot was running at x1, instead of x16. so i took my card out and then i realized there was a little bit of metal INSIDE the pci-e slot. so i freaked out and blew it out and checked the mobo and GPU for damage and when i was done i put it back in and now it runs at x16.

and i can overclock fully now and save changes in the bios. every thing seems to be back to normal. funny how much a little metal shaving can screw with your pc. and upon further inspection i realized that there were little shavings all over the bottom PCI slots too. so i took it and blew it all out with a air compressor. but i'm just happy it all works now :D

Don't worry, most of us have jabbed a mobo with a screwdriver before :D

I have! xD

I did it while installing my CNPS9500 a long while ago. Some older style heatsinks have the little tab where you would apply pressure with a flat blade screw driver to unhook the latch. Well, my CNPS9500 had a little tab like that so I figured ok I'll just pop it into place with a screw driver. Err, wrong. The little tab broke off and since I was applying a lot of pressure on the screw driver, it smashed right into my mobo. I got lucky and hit a nekkid spot though, so I didn't damage it any. Phew.

Wow, both of you got lucky. Pretty crazy how you can put gouges and holes in a PC component and have it still work haha. Glad to hear you got it back up to full speed though!

I have an old MSI K7n2 Delta ILSR running in my server, has one the old Socket A heatsinks that had the tab that used a screw driver to push it into place... I don't know how many times it would slip out and slam into the board, quite a few times I have done that, and it still runs perfectly fine... After like 8 years of use? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom