How do I flash my video BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
I have just downloaded an updated bios which needs to be flashed but I don't kow how to do it? It has given me a file with a F2 file extension but when I click it all that I get is a window asking what program I should use to open it. If I let windows look for a program it doesn't know of any, how do I run the update and how do I flash the bios?

who is the manufacturer? ie xfx, asus, evga etc?

Also why do you need to flash it?
I generally only flash firmware when there is a very specific problem that an updated firmware fixes.
If not I leave it alone.

The manufacturere is gigabyte and the reason I want to flash the bios is because sandra sis is saying that the bios is over 3 yrs old so find a new one and flash it.

make a bootable usb drive and make sure you have boot from usb moved up in boot priority in the bios once you are ready. have the flash file on it and follow the floppy instructions.
How to create a Bootable USB Key? - Guides & Tutorials

but, If the only reason you are doing this is because sandra told you it was old and you are experiencing no problems with your device I do not see the point.

To be honest with you the actual gigabyte site said unless you are having problems then don't flash the bios as you can damage the device so I may not bother, but thanks for the help anyway.

you are correct. I only flash when I have to for a specific problem or to get some benefit like cpu or ram support on my motherboard.'

If it aint broke do not fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom