help with graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastapanda82

Baseband Member
I just recently built a gaming computer and was running world of warcraft at 60 fps which was pretty good. But what i realized was when i turned on my comp it comes up with this screen which says the stats of my comp like ram hard drive etc. but i looked at my graphics and it said ATI HD 3300. but that was the stock on the mother board. my graphics card is Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
when i run it through the tv i put the hdmi cable in the graphic card slot and it doesnt work so i am running it through the mother board. its also the same with the normale blue cable for a computer monitor. Is the graphics card run through the motherboard and its working or am i just runnning of of my stock graphics.

It sounds like you are running off of your onboard graphics.

go into bios and switch it to pci-e graphics from onboard, connect your monitor to the card and you should be good to go.

It sounds like you are running off of your onboard graphics.

go into bios and switch it to pci-e graphics from onboard, connect your monitor to the card and you should be good to go.

+ 1 You must always remember when you switch graphics card if it went to another slot.. you must go to bios and change it.

When you first turn on your computer right after post you should see a screen which says press del to enter bios.
Common keys to enter bios are del, f10 and f1 but there could be others.
Then you will look for the setting for onboard graphics and turn it off or find one for enabling pci-e graphics.

What motherboard do you have as we can be more helpful with this information?

Cannot disable it via device manager.

When starting up the computer, press
<Del> during the Power-On Self-Test
(POST) to enter the BIOS setup utility.

looks like it is under chipset / amd 780 config / internal graphics config / internal graphics mode = set to disable.

If I am a bit wrong hikaricloud has this board and should be able to clarify further.

yea ok i disabled it and saved it and know i cant geta picture on my screen i have plugged the blue cable in bothe ports and i cant get a pictur i had to switch to my old comp . how do i get it working again

Do you have the 6pin pci-e power connector into your video card?

You can always reset the bios to default by either using the bios reset jumpers or more simply pulling cmos (watch looking battery) for ten minutes.

yea i tried that and i tried an hdmi cable and that doesnt work ethier

i hit the reset button and it didnt do anything im really ****ed right now any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom