X1950Pro Issue, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony_964

Beta member
Hi, I have an x1950 pro which was previously working on my computer for about a year and a half.

A week ago however, when i went to boot the computer (which had shutdown correctly) it gave me a series of 2 clicks (eg click-click then one second interval and then again[click-click] about 8 times) before automatically booting with the onboard graphics. The computer works when using onboard graphics.

I thought the video card just died, however when i tried it on another computer, it worked(meaning the video card is fine). Also when i tried a different video card in my computer it worked also(therefore it cant be a problem with the pcie connector).

The videocard is not detected in device manager when i run the computer with onboard graphics. And the cards 6pin power connector is plugged in.

Ive tried reseating the video card, and ive reinstalled the drivers.

So i dont know whats going on :confused: any assistance would be great, thanks :)

Thankyou :happy:

My specs are:
CPU: Amd x2 3800+
MB: Gigabyte GA-M51GM-S2G
Ram: 3gb kingston
HD: 250gb seagate
Videocard: x1950Pro

Have you looked in bios?
It seems like perhaps your bios reset to defaults using the onboard graphics.
See if you can change it back to pci-e and have it work.
It may be time for a new bios battery.

Yeah i checked, it seems to be fine. And also i had tried an x700 in the computer and it worked, it was using the pcie slot aswell. so i dont think that the bios would be the reason (correct me if im wrong)

Thanks anyway mate

Any other ideas? Thankyou :)

The pci-e version of the x700 does not require a pci-e 6pin power connector I beleive.

Since we know the pci-slot is good and the x1950pro is good the next logical problem would be the psu.

Do you have another 6pin pci-e plug to try?
Do you have a molex to pci-e adapter to plug in and try?

You could also try the psu from the other computer to test this theory as well since we know that psu can power it.

Yeah that is correct, the x700 didnt require the 6pin connector, I did use the molex adapter which came with the card to test before and it still has the same problem as when i use the 6pin from the psu.

Unfortunately I used my friends computer to test the card so i cant test the psu right now, but yeah ill see if i can test the psu when i can get a chance

Thanks for the advice

Unfortunately, switching the PSU did not work :( Has anyone else experienced a problem like this before? Any other ideas? Thanks :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom