Need help with a Seagate 1.5 TB Free agent External HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or just make it NTFS. OSX sucks anyway.

There, I said it. :p

Dan

*cowers with hands over head in anticipation of volley of hatred*

Won't get much hatred over that around here :laughing:. Even the guy we have here (Saxon) that used to work for Apple doesn't like Mac that much ;).

Won't get much hatred over that around here :laughing:. Even the guy we have here (Saxon) that used to work for Apple doesn't like Mac that much ;).

You know the weird thing? I couldn't even really TELL you why I don't like macs. I like that OSX is based on Unix. It's a very pretty OS, and it's fairly stable (if not as stable as the advertisements might imply). It can do the things you want a computer to do, and most of them aren't really that overpriced.

And yet. Intuitively I feel that Windows is for those who like computers... and Mac is for those who like to USE computers. Even in Windows 7 (which I'm thoroughly in love with, even in its RC manifestation), behind the glitter and glamor, there is a granular quality to it--a silk-sheathed promise that beneath the immaculately executed GUI there is a level of control possible that no Mac user has ever known.

Which isn't technically true, of course. I'm told the scripting and console capabilities of OSX are really fairly impressive. Not that anybody uses them.

The point is: when people ask me about macs, I don't know what to say. I would certainly recommend them to a certain demographic. But would I ever own one?

Only if it was a black macbook pro dual-booting Windows 7. Oh **** yes.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom