question about a tabloid running vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefdawg

Baseband Member
Hey guys I have a question....my friend recently got one of those hp touchsmart notebooks with the screen that flips....but he doesn't like it because it has vista on it....is there anyway to downgrade it to windows xp and still have the touch screen work? Thanks

You can if you dare to purchase and run XP Tablet Edition. I'm not sure if you can still find it anywhere but installing and configuring that beast is one of the greatest cluster ****s that the PC world has to offer. Trust me, stick with Vista, get used to it, and you'll be happy.

Wait are you telling me that the **** thing uses a special version xp made just for it? you have got to be kidding me ARG....but lets say i find it..why is it so hard to configure?

Ugh... XP Tablet is a PITA. Our school laptops had it, and it crashed more than any computer I've ever used. Constant explorer lock ups for me, other program lock ups...was just a pain overall. Stick with Vista...much better than anything XP has to offer. If your friend thinks Vista is too resource heavy, then try out the WIndows 7 RC; its free and lasts for a year (until June 2010).

Wait are you telling me that the **** thing uses a special version xp made just for it? you have got to be kidding me ARG....but lets say i find it..why is it so hard to configure?

Trying to get that stylus recognized and get the special display drivers installed and working has simply driven me to drink more times than I can now remember. It just doesn't work like it's supposed to, insisting that the manufacturer's drivers are the wrong ones and so forth or it won't see them, the list goes on. If you check Google I'm sure you can see some shining examples. Suffice to say, it's just not worth it. I'd recommend sticking with Vista or if you're feeling adventurous you can try the Win7 RC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom