Havin Stability issues after Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Had a quick question for you. I've noticed ever since I've OC'd the E8500 to 4.02Ghz, I have somewhat of instability issues. It wasn't really a problem until recently. Now every other time I start the PC, I get a BSOD. I often have to remove the power plug for 10 seconds or so, and reboot before I can get it to go to Windows. Also, the PC has been freezing randomly so I have to reboot as well. What steps should I take to stop this stuff from happening? I tried playing with the Voltages, but it didnt seem to help.

Thanks in advance

-Joe

Decrease your clock and see if it helps, that or increase the voltages. After you do either one, then run Prime95 to test for stability.

Sometimes you can have a stable OC and for whatever reason, a few months later it becomes much less stable. Im not sure exacly why, could be degrading components but it does happen. I had my Q6600 running at 3.3 for a long time and one day it just didnt want to do it anymore and i had to reduce it to 3Ghz. It might just be that it was never that stable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom