*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

wow, that is a nice score. good job. makes me want to get a pair of the upcoming 1GB version.

if only these were 256-bit ;(

it seems my driver issues have gone away.

28,724 | Slaymate | i7 920 @ 4.2GHz | GTX 280 Tri-SLI @ 621/1350/1134 | Windows 7 | ORB - Compare

3dm0628724.jpg

I had to put the stock coolers back on my GTX 280's so they would all fit and now my gpu overclock has taken a dump. I'll have to pull a trick out of my hat to reach 30K. I have a plan, but will it work :D

Thats what i wonder too. Although in theory the 285 is only really a die shrink of the 280 for faster clocks.

And I'm doing it on air and I was winning with just 2 cards :D

Actually the GTX 285 is also using the same, memory controller/subsystem/whatever it's called, as the GTX 260. So that's also a disadvantage for the GTX 285. Plus, in my opinion, in order to justify the GTX 285 Nvidia set it's base core clock as high as possible so the numbers would say it was the faster card. But that just reduced it overclockability.

After playing around with Tri-SLI for the past few days I really don't see any reason for it. The third card doesn't scale for crap and the cards are crammed together like Sardines. It's creating way to much heat for a few more fps that I don't need anyways. I'm going back to regular SLI and this 3rd card is going in my Office PC.

Actually no, the only thing the 260 and 285 have in common is the die shrink. The 285 and 280 are identical other than the process they were built on. You still havent beat me in vantage. I'm still convinced that 06 just doesnt work correctly with tri-sli. I need to push for 40k in vantage.

Also, as far as air vs water, the watercooling is more of another thing to tinker with, as the cards run out of voltage before heat becomes an issue.

Actually no, the only thing the 260 and 285 have in common is the die shrink. The 285 and 280 are identical other than the process they were built on.
My bad, I was thinking of the GTX 295

veedubfreak said:
Also, as far as air vs water, the watercooling is more of another thing to tinker with, as the cards run out of voltage before heat becomes an issue.
You can tell yourself that forever but it still doesn't make it true. Hook your stock heatsinks back up and see if you can validate that claim.

veedubfreak said:
You still havent beat me in vantage.
You better look again :D

Is that a typo to say 28,129? Or is it just an intial run?

Your link isn't working right either, it's just taking me to my Orb homepage.

Back
Top Bottom