Device Driver stopped responding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
From time to time my display flickers i.e. it turns on and off very quickly and then I get a message saying that my device driver stopped responding but has now recovered, is this normal? I have never seen this happen on any other pc before and it is completly new to me but does anyone have any solutions to this problem? My pc never come with a graphics card installed it had on board graphics but I have installed a graphics card, what is causing it and what should I do to stop it from doing it?

I get this sometimes playing games. I'm not sure what causes it either, it happens maybe a few times a month. It's not that big of a problem for me, just not sure why it does it.

Edit: I just did some searching and found that it might have to do with Vista trying to install new display drivers by itself, and it gets messed up somehow. Maybe check to see if you have the newest display drivers for you card.

I have checked the windows update and it says that my drivers are up to date but I checked with gigabyte and they gave me some software and it said that my drivers need updating but in order for me to use the software to update the drivers I must purchase it and I am not spending money on it just to update 1 driver. I also cant find my card on the gigabyte site so I am not sure which driver I need.

I've had this happen to me numerous times in the past few years. I've seen numerous posts that all say something different was done to correct the problem. Personally I think it happens when something is causing a slight system instability and the video driver takes the hit because the video is the hardest working part of the system at the time of the crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom