finally! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumpy

In Runtime
iv been around, postin builds and what not for you guys to give me opinions on, and now iv narrowed it down to 2 :) ( ordering mid next week or so) its a 300$ budget, im building it for light gaming ( i know, theres no GPU in there yet this is what i can afford for next week:p)

AMD
Newegg.ca - OKGEAR 10" SATA II cable with metal latch,UV Model GC10AUBM22 - Cables
Newegg.ca - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.ca - MSI K9N6PGM2-V AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.ca - APEVIA ATX-AQ700W-BK 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.ca - WINTEC AMPO 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 3AMD2667-4G2K-R - Desktop Memory
Newegg.ca - AMD Athlon X2 4850e 2.5GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 45W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

299.55$ :p just made it

Intel
Newegg.ca - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.ca - APEVIA ATX-AQ700W-BK 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.ca - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.ca - OKGEAR 10" SATA II cable with metal latch,UV Model GC10AUBM22 - Cables
Now this one comes to $369.94but it has 40$ MIR so 329$ isnt a big push and its got a gpu :p

As for hardrive and case, i have both so opinions please and thanks :)

meh..ur location sry

edit: sry, i keep fogetting that this is a popular site that is like world-wide nd also the prices in canada are ridiculous...

thanks very much, yeah i mentioned that i have the hdd and case :p but im in Canada so i cant really use that :( i noticed prices in canada are like.. 20$+ more lol

You also shouldn't need to get the SATA cable. The motherboards should have them with since they're retail.

While they are retail, there's only 1 SATA cable. If he plans on running both hard drive(s) and optical drive(s) he'll need an extra SATA cable.

Also, OP I noticed that you were wanting the 4850e. Unless you're wanting a low power computer, I would go with the 7750 Kuma for the extra couple of dollars. You will be much happier. And it's more friendly to overclocking.

thanks everybody :) as for the sata cable, i need the extra because i have a sata hardrive (external) i plan on using for storage. and I would love to use the Kuma but its a VERY tight budget, so il try and see what i come out with :) thank you again, more suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: Its okay muffin man thanks for replying at all :)

and im reading the reviews on the PSU i picked out and im starting to have doubts.. is it alright? or can someone suggest something around the same price range that is better?

The Kuma worked in. i could only get either that other mobo or the new cpu.. so i went with cpu:p and the dvd drive i picked is now deactivated.. so i need to wait a little bit for another one but this is what the build is now, for $242.51

Newegg.ca Shopping Cart

In all honesty, I would much rather go with the KA780GM2 and the 4850e, than the K9N6PGM2-V and the 7750. You get a MUCH better motherboard, that is a LOT more upgradeable. For the PSU, you don't need that much power. You don't have a power hungry system. Save the money, and use it else where (KA780GM2 and the Kuma could be had then. ;))

Newegg.ca - Antec earthwatts EA500 500W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.0 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies Only $62 shipped, and you get a much better power supply.

thanks :) but that psu i had was 49.99 or 42? cant remeber off the top of my head:p and had free shipping. and i might beable to squeeze that other mobo with the 7750 in il check now :)

EDIT: oh..... now my psu is a 108$? im gnuna redo the build with what youv suggested and see what i come up with in a few mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom