Why do 13" lappies cost more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wootwoot

In Runtime
I can find plenty of great 15.4" laptops with decent specs, but if I see a 13.3" one with the same specs, it suddenly costs a few hundred more. I'd much rather have a 13.3" or even a 12.1". I mean, laptops have to be portable, right?...Are we just paying for the portability?

Its about size. Obviously with a smaller laptop you are having to either shrink the circutry of the laptop or cram the same amount of 'stuff' in a smaller space. As we all know that costs more to manufacture than sometime in which the parts are larger, more space to work with, and you don't have to have specialized parts.

So almost everything in a 13'' laptop has to be smaller or make better use of space then a 15.4'' laptop. Again costing more to make.

Same reason laptops cost more than desktop, smaller parts which cost more to manufacture...

I can find plenty of great 15.4" laptops with decent specs, but if I see a 13.3" one with the same specs, it suddenly costs a few hundred more. I'd much rather have a 13.3" or even a 12.1". I mean, laptops have to be portable, right?...Are we just paying for the portability?

You might want to give me some examples?

If they are the ultra portible laptops (not Netbooks), then you are paying for high end parts being installed into a small form factor. About the only people that have these laptops are business exects that are contantly on the move, or daddy's little girl that is fussy about the weight of normal laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom