So this is my build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mungdaal

Baseband Member
Hello all, thanks for looking.
These are parts I've gathered up for my new computer, I need some of you guys to look over them and make sure I haven't made any mistakes on whether this stuff works together or not.
I already have a hard drive, so one is not listed.
Total price - around $400 - something I can afford.

Processor - I like it.
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Motherboard - Intergrated graphics are good for me, crossfire IS supported even though Newegg doesn't say anything about it.
Newegg.com - ECS BLACK SERIES A790GXM-A AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Graphics Card - Pared up with the 3300 I think I'll be able to play WoW alright?
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100248L Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

RAM - Good for me.
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK - Desktop Memory

Power Supply - Will it work?
Newegg.com - XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W 500W ATX SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies

Case - I think it looks like a Mac Pro.
Newegg.com - ARK 6099-CA Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply - Computer Cases

So I just want to know if this stuff checks out with each other, not really coming here to look for new parts. It was hard enough to decide on this.
Thanks.

Well it will work. I would definitely look at some different components but since you are sold on what you got no need to post up links.

This board gives am3 upgrade possibilities $110 with $10mir ends up $5 more than the board you selected:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Look at this ram 800 but better timings cas4 vs cas5 If you are not OCing much it could be nice but either ram will be just fine:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B - Desktop Memory

Keep in mind the BE's do not come with a heatsink so you will need to pick one up.
If you could spring for it this cpu would be great:
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - Processors - Desktops
$140 vs the $60+$30 you would need to spend on a heatsink.

PSU:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
$99 with $20mir so $30 more but will give you more upgrade possibilities in the future and is a much better PSU.

I agree with Hefe on the 720 (it's a much better processor), the PSU as well is very important, and New Egg usually has some good CPU/Mobo combo's I saved $30.00 on this combo and got free shipping (not sure the deal is still active, but there are always some good ones) CPU – Phenom II X3 720 B.E. and MOBO – Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P).

But the 7750 and the 7850 BE AMD processors do come with a heatsink/fan (granted it's stock and not that awesome, but it would do just fine if no major CPU overclocking is planned).

Also one other thought, the case you picked has an included PSU and you are planning on buying a separte PSU so you may be able to find another case w/o an included (junk) PSU and save a little money :)

If you are thinking about Hybrid Crossfire with the 3850, forget it. It's not supported. Hybrid crossfire with the 780G and 790GX chipsets is limited to the 2400 and 3400 series. You're best bet is to grab a 3450 if you are thinking about that.

Here, I revamped the build a bit.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - ASUS EAH3450 SILENT/DI/512MD2 Radeon HD 3450 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Total comes to $438.55 after shipping, then you get 20 bucks back in MIRs.

That card will hybrid crossfire with the onboard 790GX for nearly double the performance in games.

I picked out that case because it is solid, and has a great deal with the PSU. Saves you some scratch.

You can save 9 bucks by going with a regular kit of G.Skill, since the PI Blacks are really only useful for overclocking: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Desktop Memory

Hybrid crossfire with the 3450 will perform around the same as a 3650~. If you could spare a few coin pick up the 4770.

Thanks everyone.
I like what hikaricloud posted, obviously it will give better performance for the same price. So thank you hikaricloud.
I made some changes and I guess these are the final parts I'll get;

I like this mobo/cpu combo, 3 cores are better than 2. :D

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH3450 SILENT/DI/512MD2 Radeon HD 3450 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Had no ideal if the last one was compatible or not, thanks for this. But yeah I mainly play games like WoW so no need for anything real fancy. I like saying I have 2 graphics cards anyways. I'll be able to put in a second one of this later on right? (So all 3 work together?)

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Desktop Memory
4GB at a great price. Yeah, I'm not really going to go into OC'ing right now.

Newegg.com - ARK 6099-CA Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W 500W ATX SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies
I've decided to keep my case I picked out (Like the way it looks), and that PSU. I can use the PSU in that case for my computer I'm on now. (Currently has a 200W. Lol)

This will be a mountain of performance against what I'm working with now...Celeron 2.6GHz, GeForce 6200, IDE Drives still, 756MB DRR. (Old crappy beat up case)

It will be a week or two before I get to make the purchases, so I'll have time to revise more if needed. I just need a computer that works great on everyday stuff and that can work great if I decide to do something more. This seems perfect.

So $414 without shipping, great. I've got someone to cover the shipping for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom