Upgrading Dell E1505

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can (I) install 3GB of ram?

I have a Dell E1505 as well, and here's what I did - the lazy, but effective - way. I went to Cruicial.com, a major RAM vendor but you can use their scanner whether or not you buy their product, kinda handy - and downloaded their scanner, and in less than a minute I knew what my max available RAM could be. I don't know if our motherboards are the same, but I am betting they are if yours is stock from the factory to this point. I don't think you can install 3GB RAM on your laptop, but maybe I'm wrong. I think your max is going to be 2GB.

in less than a minute I knew what my max available RAM could be.

In less than a minute, you knew what Crucial thought your maximum RAM should be. My Inspiron 6400 (identical hardware to the e1505) has 4GB installed, of which 3.25 is available to my 32-bit CPU and OS. Crucial's scanner tells me the maximum capacity is 2GB.

In less than a minute, you knew what Crucial thought your maximum RAM should be. My Inspiron 6400 (identical hardware to the e1505) has 4GB installed, of which 3.25 is available to my 32-bit CPU and OS. Crucial's scanner tells me the maximum capacity is 2GB.

Oh really ?!?!? The following from the spec sheet at Dell regarding your Inspiron 6400 at Inspiron 6400 Notebook Product Details

Memory
With integrated Intel® graphics:
512MB of shared DDR2 SDRAM standard, upgradable to 2GB of shared DDR2 Dual Channel SDRAM

2 SoDIMM sockets, both are user-accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom