Looking to "wipe" a hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hvc801

Baseband Member
Okay, well. I know how to wipe a drive out or partition one. But what I really would like to know is how can I completly damage the drive without any noticable physical damage to the drive? Will a heavy duty magnit do the job? or any other suggestions are highly appriciated. thanks for any help.

START -> CONTROL PANEL -> Administravite Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management
You can remove partitions there.

However if you really do not want any one finding what you had on your hard drive before, then i recommend CyberScrub - The Official Website

Are you saying you want to completely trash a drive, never able to be used again? And you don't just want to hit it with a hammer? I must ask...WHY?

I to am interested in knowing why someone would want to break a drive while making it not obvious that it was on purpose. I know that on here before a kid wanted to do something similar so his parents would buy him a new better computer and then he was going to fix the other one or give it to a friend or something. Maybe he wants to do something like that.

In any case I would think that a very large powerful magnet like you originally suggested would do the trick. Or maybe take it down to the local paint store and tie it down to a paint mixer, the excess vibration should be enough to raddle something lose :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom