Dropped my laptop again..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Man I don't get it. I can not keep a laptop alive. My first laptop I used and abused. Dropped it, fixed it, dropped it, fixed it, landed on it long boarding, fixed it, etc... It was pretty iffy though so I got a new one. Last semester I dropped it and broke the screen loose and the screen was black. About a week ago I dropped it again and a white line came down the right side of the screen.

And now... I dropped it again today after tripping over the cord and the entire right side is glitched...
http://www.imagenerd.com/uploads/snc00001-TS0C1.jpg

All my laptops have been HPs... I'm starting to think they have no resistance to being dropped. When I've dropped it it's like 2 feet onto a carpet.

Any who what should I do? Do I need to buy a completely new screen? I have a Pavilion dv5. More details in my signature. Can anyone help me find a screen on ebay or something? I just want to make sure to buy the right one.

Oh and on another note my laptop randomly turns off on my. Whether it be a BSOD, turns off, random static sounds then turning off or something else... (I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 after a full wipe and it still turns off)

Thanks everyone! I appreciate any advice you might be able to help me with!

EDIT: If I move the screen the whole screen flickers and glitches.

It isn't hard to replace the screen, just ebay the same model laptop and swap them, or if you wanna keep all the same plastics just ebay for the same LCD part number...

It isn't hard to replace the screen, just ebay the same model laptop and swap them, or if you wanna keep all the same plastics just ebay for the same LCD part number...

I've found some screens however I'm curious where do I find the LCD Part number? I'd prefer to keep my plastics especially if it's cheaper.

You need to remove the screen from the plastic first. Then look on the back of the TFT panel.
Normally HP has a label saying "Replace with spare part # XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

You need to remove the screen from the plastic first. Then look on the back of the TFT panel.
Normally HP has a label saying "Replace with spare part # XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

Great, before I do this is it cheaper to replace the screen than the entire screen+plastics? Thanks!

Yes. If you are just replacing the TFT screen, it normally works out cheaper.

Okay I have an LG screen with the part number LP154WE2. If I ebay it or google it I come to the same screen with part number LP154WE2, but it says for a Dell or for another type of computer? Does that matter if it's the same part number? Thanks!

EDIT: Okay my screen is a LP154WE2 (TL) (A7). I noticed some are LP154WE2 (TL) (B1) or LP154WE2 (TL) (A3) or (B2) etc... What's the difference? Do I need exactly LP154WE2 (TL) (A7)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom