Need Advice building comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have another comp you can burn W7RC to a disk as an ISO and boot from that. I had the same question for my build.

Good Luck

Yeah, I did burn the DVD from another hard drive, but I remember reading somewhere that one or the other should be installed first, and I don't remember which. XP is useful, but it doesn't take advantage of the 6 GB triple channel memory I have so I want to dual boot it with 7. While I was trying to install 7 first, right after the "Preparing for setup" screen, it said that the drivers were not installed or something. I'm not sure if it wants DVD drivers or something? I'm currently installing XP, if someone tells me if it matters, I can wipe the hard drive and restart

Yeah...having a lot of problems lol.

I was installing XP home, and it was a legit CD with a legit product key. During installation, it asked me for device drivers from Windows XP Service pack 2.

I don't understand why it would ask that or what I'm supposed to do to fix that. I pressed cancel, and it went on installing. After installation, it allows you to log in but nothing really works. There was nothing installed with it, not even internet explorer, or the basic games that come with it. It didn't recognize my wireless adapter or an ehternet cord plugged in. I also noticed during install that it sped through most parts. It didn't install correctly basically. I'm going to re-install but does anyone know what to do when it asks for device drivers?

Exact error: Some files on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 CD are needed.
Insert Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 CD into the drive selected below, and then click ok.

Is it possible it's a reading error of the DVD drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom