Blu-Ray Problems . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

ni-cad

Baseband Member
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and it's a tough one I'm affraid.

2 weeks ago I installed a new Blu-Ray drive and found it wouldn't play Blu-Ray discs, The Cyberlink advisor said - Display and graphics cards were not HDCP compliant.

So I replaced my monitor with a Dell 1080p HDCP 22" Still no ball, BD Advisaor said the same thing, Power dvd would not play BD discs and displayed an error message "Invalid Pointer"

Then I moved on to upgrading.

I updated the Asus mobo Bios and chipset to the lastest available drivers from the asus sight.

Updated the Drivers on my graphics cards to the latest availabe drivers from ATI.

Installed a new Codec pack (K-lite mega cocdec pack)

This is all I can think of to do and it took a lot of research to get that far as I'm not a PC tech, just a normal user.

Tested again this time using Power dvd Ultra Win dvd 9 and Totalmedia theatre 3 all of which I updated to the latest available versions. Arcsofts Totalmedia theatre Bombs imediatly on start of playback, Arcsofts BD Advisor bombs on completion of scanning.

So, still not getting any BD playback. I decided to try a different drive, I bought another drive, installed it today and nothing changed, still I get the exact same error messages.

Debates on other forums have lead me to conclude that this is a system/environment issue, though as to what exactly I don't know.

At this stage is a system re-install perhaps a good idea?

They're suposed to be.

Sorry my specs:

XP Pro
2x Power color ATI Radeon HD4870's
Intel core2 duo 3 ghz
Dell HDCP S2209Wb monitor
Asus Primium mobo
4g of ram
LG GCC H20L Multi Drive
Pioneer BD Multi Drive.

I think the only option left is a re-install of the OS :freak:

I'm leaning toward re-install, if only bc you're westing that setup with XP. Download Windows 7 RC1. You'll thank me.

Plus I'll bet Blu-Ray starts working perfectly. See if I'm wrong.

Dan

Thanks ;)

Yeah the re-install fixed the proble, I have no idea what was causing it, just got a lot of software left to re-install now.

Yeah you can get Blu-ray re-writes, even double layered I think, but you need a RWBD drive, they're pretty pricey, but the storage is huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom