No more overclocking for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
well, my days with my current board are limited. pics below V

up2s.jpg

30086315.jpg

as you can see i busted off that little transistor and put a very nice gouge in that chip that i am not sure what i does. i think it has something to do with the TPM and bitlocker.

but the strange thing was when i booted it there was no smoke or sparks. but i normally have my CPU running at 3.5GHZ but the bios set it back to stock (2.5GHz) and it refuses to boot at any thing above 334FSB :(

but that's the strange thing, every thing works perfectly and it's still nice and quick. but after turning it back off and then turning it back on, it turns off and turns back on again repeatedly about 2-3 times.

so anybody got any idea what's going on here?

thats a sorry sight... i'll bet you'll be more careful in future!

Don't worry, most of us have jabbed a mobo with a screwdriver before :D

well, the strangest thing happened a little while ago,

the computer, while i was playing masseffect, just restarted randomly and then it would constantly reboot. like as soon it was done with the post it would re boot. it must have done it at least 15 times :eek: then it starts normally and windows saying "windows has recovered from a serious error" so now it it working normally.

and on my apogee self drive the screw heads became stripped, so i broke out the cordeless drill and begin to drill out the screw when all the suddenly the bit breaks! and then from my pressure on the drill, it falls down on to the mobo at an angle, creating the scar you see above.

so now this is more of an excuse of me to upgrade to an i7 :D

i7's are all sold out, sorry try back later!

i also bet your going tooless with your next case? lol the thought of a cordless drill inside or near my open case scares me!

ha, good one taste. i actually looked on newegg too

well it was not my case's fault. it was (my fault)/drill bit fault. if the drill bit hadn't have broken i would be trying to take another world overclock :D

did the bit get too hot? or were you just appling too much presure?

i think i have broken bits in the past, and both have been the cause.

well, this was just a very cheap bit that i got at my local hardware store because i did not have a bit that small.

and it did not get hot either. and i was applying about as much pressure as the weight of the drill, so the board would not flex too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom