Fail Pictures and Facepalm Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Alright here is what it boils down to. This is Tech-Forums. A Tech site. People come to learn and get advice. The increased amount of Fail Images and Facepalm Images and smilies have been ever increasing in topics as of late and it is starting to make everyone look bad.

Any respectable Tech site doesnt have Fail Images plastered every few posts in a topic where someone made a mistake or asked a question which may seem silly to those of us that have more knowledge. In the Off Topic area or in certain threads it can be expected. There is no such thing as a dumb or silly question. But seeing it 2, 3 or more times in a single thread is starting to get out of hand.

If anyone of us use a search engine to find a answer to a topic and saw that on another site that calls itself a tech forum we would be appalled and not even bother to read the topic. That is starting to happen here and it will stop.

This is the one and only warning that if this behavior continues measures will be taken.. This is not a social site, this is not some school yard click. This is a tech forum and should be treated as such. Not everyone knows as much as we do and that is why they are here. They either want to learn or to get help for the subject at hand. They are not here to be insulted by such things.

Trotter and myself are both in agreement with this have let everyone know that anyone who abuses the emoticon for the facepalm or posts up too many Fail images will be dealt with. Save that for the joke threads in the designated areas.

Sincerely,
Mak
Tech-Forums Administration

There is really no such thing as a silly question here on tech forums. Keep in mind that at one stage, you were once a n00b too.

Sorry guys. Don't mean to sound like the fun police here, but if when you start seeing pages of silly images poking fun at the OP's or a posters inteligences, then it really does make tech forums look bad.

If you want to continue with that sort of stuff, then I might suggest you move on over to 4chan.

There is really no such thing as a silly question here on tech forums. Keep in mind that at one stage, you were once a n00b too.
Exactly.

There is a time and a place for everything but the shenanigans described above do not belong in the vast majority of the open forums.

Just for the record.

3) No inappropriate language or images

So those who think that posting a image of a sour puss is alright. Wrong. It already says in our rules about posting inappropriate images. They are not appropriate for civilized conversation, they are not appropriate for this thread as it is a dead serious thread. Just because you didnt post something against this thread, doesnt mean you still didnt violate our rules.

If you think we are being harsh or the fun police. 4Chan is still available. We are not them. We are a tech site and we will be treated as such.

Good rule. There are wayyyy to many tech sites you can't even get advice on because of issues like these. I know I haven't been here long but I really like the community here...not a single bad apple (besides the random spammer here n there lol) so it think it'd be best to keep it that way

Good rule. There are wayyyy to many tech sites you can't even get advice on because of issues like these. I know I haven't been here long but I really like the community here...not a single bad apple (besides the random spammer here n there lol) so it think it'd be best to keep it that way

Very true. It's one of the reason why I keep coming back here to tech forums. Lots count on other forums where people have just given you replies like "TRY GOOGLE" or some silly image as appose to actually answering the questions.

And it really does not look that well for new comers, not does it look good to visitors that are viewing Tech Forums from google results.

Yes. There is a lot of stupid questions that get asked. However some of those people here that work as Tech Support and other simulare role to this, you might find yourself getting ask these types of questions too. Now you don't act this way in real life, so why should Tech Forums be any different.

If I acted this way with every dumb question I have been asked for the last 10 years in my job, I would of lost my job a long time ago.

I think it's good to have a clear policy like this one since these images seemed to fall into a gray area before.

I think it's good to have a clear policy like this one since these images seemed to fall into a gray area before.

Yeah right. The images are just there to poke fun of the poster and serve no other purpose appart from
* Raising a post count.
* Waste bandwidth.

If I am going to list them all out, I am going to be posting here all day. And some /b/-tard just some up with one I have missed. Or invent a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom