manufacture preference

Status
Not open for further replies.

808Alaska

In Runtime
Hey everyone im a little curious as to what manufacture/ brand preference people have on laptops and why? like better quality hardware, junk ports, junk battery life, good features etc. anything! lol. i just wanna know.

MSI - Currently my favorite.Excellent value for money. However they are a little crazy with their void if removed warranty stickers.

Asus - if I am looking for some thing higher spected than MSI. When compairing with MSI, they do seem to be a little more expensive.

Toshiba - Tecra, Satellite Pro, Portoge are good work machines. There consumer models are a complete let down.

HP - HP corporate PCs are good. Far better range and options than Toshiba. The Pavillions are peices of junk.

Compaq - Ever since HP just reduced them to the Presario range, they are nothing more than junk.

Sony - Well built, but very over priced. No online driver support. So if you loose your driver CD/DVD, you are screwed. They are rather biased toward their own technologies. Like you might find that some models will only have Sony Memory Card options. The card reader will not take any other cards.

NEC - The notebooks are good. However spare parts pricing is a joke. Watch it with NEC's international warranties as they only seem to be regional.

Lenovo - Good build. But seems to be a little over prices. Dealing with their spare parts department sux. Good luck on finding these laptops in any other color besides BLACK.

Acer - Junk with way too much bloatware. Their driver support is good.

Dell - Can not say I honesty like them.

Apple - All style, but no substance. Can be extremely difficult to upgrade. Spare parts pricing is a joke.

Samsung - Not sure on the build quality, but they do seemed over priced.

Fujitsu - They tend to have some strange options. Can not comment on the build quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom