help!!!!!!!!!! =[

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
i just got the new cpu motherboard and ram and installled it into my pc but befor i installed it all in

i did this

You can use SYSPREP to prepare your hard drive for transfer and not have to reinstall anything. Use SYSPREP just before you are going to move your stuff over to its new home.

To use the GUI (graphical user interface), copy and paste"c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe" in the Start Search box. You should get something like this:

post-1-1204033690.jpg

Change the Shutdown Option to Shutdown so it doesn't reboot on you. Once it shuts down, it is ready to move. When you boot it up in the new hardware, Vista will act like it has just been started up in your computer for the first time. Once you are booted you will have to install the drivers for your new hardware.

my computer boots up and comes up with some things i can go into bios and some other one

everytime i press start windows normal it goes to the load bar but not all the way you can just about see it and then my computer restarts

help please =[

*EDIT*
comp specs

intel pentium dual-core e5200 @ 2.5GHz
OCZ 2GB ram high performance (dual channel kit)
ASRock g41m-le mobo
150GB hdd
windows vista home

I don't understand why you did this? I don't know the context with which it was suggested since you just have that one post, but when you have a new motherboard and CPU you pretty much have to do a fresh installation of windows due to driver conflicts and Windows will think this is a new computer. Windows will not work because of licensing issues so it is always best to do a fresh install.

Put the drive back in the original configuration and redo the SYSPREP, as it sounds like you didn't complete it.

As an explanation, SYSPREP removes the hardware "fingerprint" from the Windows installation, uninstalling all the drivers and such. It leaves the installation unassociated with any specific computer hardware.

Ah I see. Does anyone have any successful attempts of doing such a thing?

Back in the windows 98 days, it was not big deal. Now days, I have had little success here and there. However first few boots afterwards, I am spending about 30 minute redecting hardware.
Really, you better off reinstalling from scratch.

that thing buggerd my hdd up that i tryed doing and it didnt work i wanted to KEEP vista and just to uninstall the mobo drivers but THAT didnt work becuse what you said FAILED

i know have win xp =[ and it sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom