Widescreen HDTV for Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver u just made my day!! I feel much better knowing that it is looking more positive than negative. So basically if I buy the ATi that comes with the dvi port all i have to do is plug it in right? No hassle with screensize or software issues right? More than picture quality im worried that since my HDTV is widescreen the sides wont show up properly.

yea if ur into gaming go for a 9800 pro and overclock it to xt speeds after buying some aftermarket cooling.. but if u have the money after u buy tha hdtv then id suggest u go for a eVGA 6800GT and then u can olverlock that to over the 6800 ultras speed without needing any more cooling as they both come with the same heavy duty heatsink and fan... i wouldnt suggest getting an x800 pro as seeings its around the same price as a 6800GT but is lower in performance to the 6800Gt because of its 12 pielpines.. u can unlock 4 more pipelines to get it to 16 but i think that those extra 4 are just virtual pipelines and the process is very risky and u cud burn out ur card.. the x800 XT and x800 XT PE come in 16 pipelines but are more expensive than the 6800GT (the XT P.E. is a LOT more expensive than the 6800) so i think u shud either get the 9800 Pro and overclock it to XT speeds.. but if i were u id dish out the money for a 6800 GT and overclokc that... trust me u wont be sorry with that decision :)

EDIT: yes u wont have a problem with widescreen... because video cards offer the same ratio adjusment to go from ur standard ratio ( i forgot what that was lol) to widescreen ( i htink its 16:9 or sumethin... im not a tv expert :) lol) but yea u shut just try with different resolutions and look for the rite ratio that ur tv has and go from there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom