Radeon HD Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use GPUz and the max my GPu got was 80C (which is about what everything gets in this case, CPU at 76C when the GPU got to 80)

My guess is on windows 7 and taking the effort to install drivers - the "stock" drivers 7 came with seemed to work, much, much more efficiently, even rolling back hasn't helped now (I suspect a full wipe of that information will be needed)

The case is super old -no-name brand or at least not a name I can find on it. no front audio, no exhaust fans, no front intake. It has a side fan, 2 spots for exhaust (with no fans installed) and that's it.

Since the addition of the GPU -the CPU and Mobo temps dropped a few C - due to the fact the GPU exhausts air out the back instead of just cycling it inside like my old card (x700)

Soon as things settle down here (bills, car repairs, trying to move out when I only work 1 night a week) I will be getting the HAF932 - which should solve all my cooling problems for my stock system, plus headroom for some minor overclocking.

It's not that it artifacts so much.. just... Lag and stutter.
It's a shame I can't play 1920x1080 with all the AA and smoothness and visual effects turned on to the max when I thought I would be able to with this system.

You should be able to on that system. As I say our systems are pretty similar and I can run games like Far Cry 2 maxed to ultra @ 1920*1200 and its smooth, also Fallout 3, Oblivion, Supreme commander.
Your temps are a lot higher than mine, My CPU running Prime 95 doesn't hit 50c and the GPU tops at about 70c.
It may be down to windows 7, I just downloaded HD4890 driver for win 7, are those the ones you're using?

You need to get your system cooler.. Ditch the side panels maybe, but enven 24/7 folding my oc'd q6600 hits mid 50's

It really sounds as heat is your problem, not your components.

You need to get everything together before beating it up.

no exhaust fans, no front intake.

ouch, a cheap $55 antec 300 is calling your name, or a better case if you got extra cash in your pockets

no intake or exhaust is like 20-30C difference i think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom