New build keeps saying check signal cable PLEASE HELP !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
So my old machine was not working because it would keep saying check signal cable but would boot up and power fine. I tried everything with it and it would not work. I plugged in an old gateway into the same monitor and cables and it works fine. I replaced the video card, motherboard, and power supply on it and it still didn't work. Now I built an entirely new machine of all new parts and I am getting the same stupid message "no signal is coming from your computer check signal cable. The system powers up fine but it does not make any beeping sounds. What the heck am I am doing wrong. I am about to jump off a bridge.

A common cause for this can be having the ram in the wrong slots, with some of the newer motherboards you need to have the ram in the second set of dual channel dimms which is actually the first set in the bios. Try booting with one stick of ram in the second set of colored dimms. Although this wont explain why your old rig was getting this message, which raises the question did it just happen one day? or did something cause it.

Otherwise if you have checked for motherboard screws to short circuit, checked all connections etc. you should try do a minimal boot. try boot with you video card, one stick of ram and your cpu motherboard obviously and see what happens.

I put the ram in the other slot and still nothing. I mean should the machine at lease make beeping sounds? By the way I have been using a screwdriver with a magnetic tip. I don't know if that can mess up the motherboard. I also done use wrist wraps. But Im starting to be concerned if one of these are not causing the problems. God I think I'm going to have to take this to Geek Squad or even worse just buy a pre build machine at this point. I am desperate.

Post the specs on your machine

i have heard not to use magnetic screwdrivers but i dont know the truth of this, i think it has something to do with the internal memory of Ic's, i dont think this would be your problem though. I never use wrist straps and to be honest hardly anyone here does, i have never hd any components die from static.

No signal... wouldn't be something as silly as your monitor being set to analogue whilst you have a DVI cable in it? I don't mean to insult your intelligence but its always worth eliminating the obvious ;)

99% of the time its something that is simple to fix, when it comes to problems like this its just finding whats wrong that takes time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom