Help Me With My Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora D.

Baseband Member
Ok, so here is the build that I'm planning on having (thanks to Hikari):

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H485FN1GP Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors

The total comes out to $900 including shipping. Now, I have several questions regarding the build. Firstly, any suggestions to improve the build (without ramping up the price) or comments are much appreciated. Ok, do here are the questions:

1. I just want to make sure that this build can play the latest games pretty well?
2. Is 18 mbps a fast enough speed for online gaming (i.e spore, WoW, etc.)?
3. Lastly, I was wondering if the wacom intuos3 mouses that you use with the tablets are any good? Thanks a million...

Last chance to put in some input, I need to buy it pretty soon in order to have it at a somewhat reasonable time...

Go with the Win7 Release Candidate instead of Vista. You get it free for a year, and then you will buy the full version. Vista is so not worth it with Win7 coming out this fall.

I would love to get the Win7, but I heard it was undergoing beta testing and was still full of bugs, so... anyways, I'll have to arder the newegg parts tonight and hopefully have the computer assembed by Monday-Wedensday. Thanks..

I am running the RC right now. It is out of "beta" and almost ready for release. I very much prefer it over Vista.

If you want to spend $100 on a lesser OS, be my guest. Win7 will be definitely be worth the money once it is released... but the free RC is plenty good enough for day-to-day use as well as gaming.

Ok, I want to use it then. So how do I download it on a computer without an OS to start it up, would I use a thumb drive? (Sorry for the dumb questions, I usually use computers not assemble them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom