Building a Personal Gaming Computer. Budget: $600.00-800.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

centcuse

Beta member
Hey guys,

Here's the deal. I've been using Toshiba Satellite X205-S9800 : Read reviews and compare prices at Ciao (Laptop) for the past year. I ordered it last February and received it in March. I've been using it as a gaming computer ever since. It stays on. I'm running it on a Zalman Zm-nc2000black : Accessories / Laptop Pcs / Computers which is a cooling fan that stays on under it. Laptop stays on for days at a time which isn't good for a laptop to be honest. I'm starting to have problems. It is running regularly at 70c+. This is not a good temperature for it. It goes above 85 when running games.

Yesterday I started playing Huxley beta and it shut off my laptop 2 times which leaves me to think my laptop just can't handle up-coming games. With Aion coming up, I can't risk not having a good gaming machine for it. I've never built a gaming pc in my life but have wanted to for the past 5 years; I think it's time to do so. I need help. Either I can purchase an already built machine since I don't have a ton of knowledge on actually building pc's (I've added ram and stuff before on pc's) or I can actually build it myself. I'm not looking to spend more than 550.00 (800.00 max). Goal would be 625.00 or somewhere along the lines of. Now if you feel I need to spend more to get what I'm looking for which is being able to multi-task while having no problems gaming on Aion for instance, then build me a pc that's a little more expensive. I'm use to e-machine gaming on wow and using this laptop for the past year. So as you can imagine many cheap gaming pc's would be nice upgrades. You would think this laptop being how expensive it is would handle more, but It really can't handle anything on high settings flawlessly. I just don't want it to overheat and it's time to let it rest a little and upgrade to a real machine. I'm looking to be wow'd by graphics.

It's a must that I try up-coming games and have the computer to do so. I work in the mmorpg field. Not to mention I'm looking to really get into a game by the end of this year like I did when wow first came out. I plan on Aion doing it for me since I was literally on Lineage 2 24/7 for over 2 years, same with WOW. My plan and goal is to have it done by the summer. I'm going to set 150.00-200.00 a week aside for the computer. I plan on making the purchase in the middle or by the end of July. I have a 20" monitor ready for it as well as a tv that I'm going to use for it as well when gaming that's 37" LCD. So, no monitor is needed. I just need the actual gaming desktop now. So, who wants to help me? Who's good with desktop's and can give me very nice graphics with very nice speeds.

Sites I'm looking at purchasing from:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

iBuyPower Custom Gaming Computers - Gaming PC & Gaming Notebooks

CyberPower Inc. - UNLEASH THE POWER - Create the PC of your dreams

TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components, Netbooks & Electronics

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices (Depends)

I really would LOVE to only spend 550.00 but I need it to handle Huxley flawlessly, Age of conan (Currently Subscribed) set on high, as well as up-coming games that I'm looking forward to. Such as; Aion, Citiesxl, and many many more games I've been keeping track of. I'm looking for it to play Aion on high settings. If it can't; medium settings with no lag will do. I want it to be INTEL as well as NVIDIA graphics card. I don't want to bother with ATI unless you really suggest it. Some of you know much more about computers than me. I've just had an e-machine for the past 6 years before I upgraded to this laptop and now it's time to either build or get a real gaming pc.

What I would like is for someone to actually build it on one of these sites and give me links to the actual build so I can check them out. I want nice graphics and I want to be able to really multi-task without it lagging when I minimize the game. 4-8gb of ram would make me happy. Now if you recommend I buy a pc and not build, please post a link to the pc you recommend. Help me get a deal. I'm definitely building by the end of the summer. I have a full-time job and am ready to start building or am ready to talk about pc's that are already built that look nice for the INTENSE gamer. I'm always on the **** computer, lol.

Thanks fellas and hope to hear from some of you pc builders soon!

- XfrozenX - CC

Sorry couldn't help but notice the game huxley.

Don't mean to burst your hope bubble but there is a good chance that game is vaporware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom