Modding my Antec 900.. Progress pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I ended up stripping more out of my case than I expected during my Zalman Fan Controller install.. I decided to mod the case.. This is just to float me over until I get a new case that is more liquid cooling friendly. I'm shooting for a Mountain Mods U2 UFO case, most likely.

On the list:

Install 6 Channel Fan Controller -Done, just not plugged in yet.
Reverse Mount HDD's -Done
False Bottom drive section, Just the Fan. -Done
Re-Do Cable Management -In the Works
Moved UV Light mounts and transformer -Done
Find something to fill the open single bay. -Not done yet
Added 3 Holes in Case for Cable management. -Done, but need one more.

Here's some progress pics.. It should be done tomorrow. I need more dremel cutting wheels.

Pre-Cable management. False bottom section, just the fan pre-fit.
dsc0001iym.jpg

Moving the Front Panel wires. Eliminated 1394 and FT Audio seeing as I don't use it. I pulled the ft panel block and clipped the wires. All that's left is Power, HDD, reset and USB cables.
dsc0003gtl.jpg

dsc0008lmn.jpg

Cable Management progress. I can't put the HDD's on the bottom due to the Pump and Rez. -I gotta move those. Taking up valuable real estate.
dsc0011ihe.jpg

Cutting the intake for the PSU. I'm gonna move the feet of the case. -The line's not crooked, the feet are off.-EDIT- I don't think this is going to be a good idea, still deciding if I'm going to finish it. The MoBo power supply cable would be in a better position with the PSU Upside down.
dsc0010w.jpg

PSU And Random pics.
dsc0014ejs.jpg

dsc0013fbe.jpg

Progress as of now.
dsc0012m.jpg

How much would the mobo power cable be in the way if you kept the psu like it is and cut the hole? It seems like it would be better for the psu to have that intake so it's taking cooler air rather than the air from the case. Would you cut that in your living room like that? Should at least do it in your basement, you won't get the dust everywhere then.

^ There isn't any dust.. I don't have a basement, and I smoke in my house anyway.. I don't know, it doesn't bother me until after I cut something and I see the pile of metal shavings on my nice coffee table.. But then I clean it up and all is well.

I didn't realized how much time goes into this.. Last time I looked at the clock, it was 9pm, I just looked and it was 12:30am.. Holy crap! That's enough for today.. I changed my Rez Setup and I spent some time bleeding the system. -It's still not bled down all the way.. I had the right side panel on, but the light for my pump isn't coming on.

My living room is a mess.. (Bigger than it looks) I also used 1/4" tubing ont he edges of the hole cuts to keep the wires from chafing. And yes, the power supply being upside down helps my cable management tremendously. I'll post a before pic..

-BEFORE- It was basically like this: (I don't feel like moving my xternal HDD to find pics, I'll get them off the net)
img00271b.jpg

dsc0015ngg.jpg

-Current Pics - (minus a couple RAM sticks)

mod3.jpg

Vid Card plugged in.
24162084.jpg

drk.jpg

New pump placement. I had the top laying around from when I first installed the LCS.
mod5.jpg

Foam Tape placement. Insulation and vibration reduction.
mod7w.jpg

Current. Vid card isn't plugged in..
mod10.jpg

Mess.. But current pic.
mod9.jpg

My living room is a Mess.. lol... Just cluttered. I'm not a dirty person.
mod12c.jpg

-I couldn't put anymore pics in the previous post. -

I made my own Reservoir.. :D It works great.. It pulled all of the residual foam and air out of the system.. :D But it's leaking a little when it's off. The black is not duct tape, they're metal rings. It was a soap pump and cup combo I got at walmart specifically for this. I picked up a couple fittings and I had some Lexan Glass hanging around. I also picked up a radiator drain from AutoZone, drilled the top accordimngly and the wing nut threaded right in. I cut the glass and sanded it for the center 'de-fuser' as I call it, and for the top. All pieces are super glued and sealed with Goop sealant adhesive.

Don't mind the white balance of the pic.. Didn't change it.. Just noticed.
rez3.jpg

rez4.jpg

rez5.jpg

im coming over to gank you tv, your laptop, and that ashtray.

btw, looking good so far, keep up the nice work.

^ lolz... Ashtray?? I got it when I lived in Germany for 2 years.. From the Bad Durkheim Wine Festival.

Trust me, you don't want the TV... It's an HCT, cheap buy at the Base Exchange. It's been repaired already, when it came back they must have forgotten the little button cell batt.. (I think) it looses my FAV channel assignments.. and takes for ever to turn on. ... And the remote sucks... It actually got worse when it came back from repair. But at least the picture is better now. lol..

My living room is normally MUCH cleaner.. it's just a cluttered mess now that I'm messing w the rig. I really dislike this case now.. I'm just trying to make the best out of a small, outgrown case.

^ same here, do0d.. Tired of this case..

I went back to the XSPC Rez and pump top.. The other Rez experiments didn't work out that well. I couldn't get the darn air out of the system. I could get a lot of it out, but as far as the foam, I sat there for three hours flicking the lines with a small screw driver trying to get the air out.. and pinching the lines trying to push the air bubble out of the CPU.. (Processor power supply unplugged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom