Upgrading a Dell Dimension 3100 (E310)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same computer as well and i was wondering if with all of that stuff if you would be able to play any of the call of duty 4/5 games.:confused: i am currently about to add a graphics card, GEforce 6200 to be eact. :D

so no it will not run. also i'm quite sure that an e7300 will not be compatible.

Also to ethan, why not just save up for a while longer and get a whole new setup..? I wouldn't waste money on what you've got right now. You could invest in a cheap but good budget system, you won't need a cpu as you can reuse the one you have and some stuff, and you can have a new build for under 500 easy.

hi i have a dell dimension 3100 and i want to buys this video card , but im not sure if it will run tho , NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS Video Card 256MB DVI PCI Express

Specifications
Manufacturer Palit Microsystems
Model GeForce 8400GS
Interface PCI Express
Max Resolution 2560x1600
Memory 256MB DDR2
RAMDACs 400 MHz
DVI 1 Output
VGA 1 Output
DirectX DX 10 Shader Model 4.0
Vista Certified Yes
HDCP Compliant Yes
OpenGL 2.1 Support Yes
TV Out Yes, Includes Componenent Breakout Cable
Package Type OEM Packaging
Features
True 128-bit floating point high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting
NVIDIA® Quantum Effects™ physics processing technology
Dual-link DVI output supports one 2560x1600 resolution display
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ HD technology
NVIDIA ForceWare® Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
NVIDIA® Lumenex™ Engine
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ HDtechnology

if you guys could help me i will be glad ,

You are screwed two ways, lokenzo.

First, your motherboard does not have a PCE-E x16 slot. It has old-school PCI and a single PCI-E x1 slot.

Second, your power supply is only 230 watts. even if you went with a PCI card you would have to replace your PSU just to power the card.

oh man, well i have the power supply already Trotter, i only need the the video card , i cant find it nowhere, cuz its too old you know , im trying to find it on ebay tho , im looking to this one but it doesnt say if it is pci-E x1 slot , if you wanna take a look i would apreciate it ,
NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS 256MB DDR2 DVI Low Profile Video on eBay.ca (item 330317710057 end time 24-Jun-09 17:23:51 EDT)

and 2 more , this one NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS graphics adapter GF 8400 GS 256M on eBay.ca (item 270368929728 end time 02-Jul-09 21:16:47 EDT)

and this one 256MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400GS DH PCI-E X1 GJ120AA on eBay.ca (item 170341318888 end time 06-Jul-09 04:22:30 EDT)

thanks a lot Trotter

lokenzo, take a look at this card, it is for a pci slot:

Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P1-N948-LR GeForce 9400 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Low Profile Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

i personally tend to base some part of my purchase decisions based on a few reviews just to see but this card appears to have no reviews. now that dosen't mean its a bad product, but i think its better than buying something off ebay because you don't really know how the product has been treated. atleast from newegg you get a 2yr warranty from the manufacturer.

that looks much better muffin man , but does that one is pci-E x1 slot . and also how do i buy things from that site , its like paypal ? just sign for an account and ur ready to go , how about the shipment is it expensive , thanks for you help muffin man

but does that one is pci-E x1 slot .

i don't quite understand what you mean here. the card that i linked will indeed fit your pc according to Trotter's statement that you have pci and pcie slots.

as for payment, you can pay with credit or paypal, yes. newegg is very secure and a trusted site.

one last thing about the card i linked if you're thinking about buying it: it isn't the best card by far out there which is clearly obvious, but if you are currently using your mobo's onboard video, this card will improve the quality. even within the geforce 9k series, its performance is iffy but it is a good price compared to those ebay ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom