Stacker 810 Work Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's been raining almost everyday and I've still have a little painting left to do. The sun was shining today and I tried to paint but there's so much moisture in the air I got bubbles and had to re-sand. Hopefully the rain will stop soon.

It seems the worst thing about me and modding is my ever changing mind. I was just going to paint the case to start with and then I decided to pimp out the mobo with Thermalright heatsinks. Then I decided to upgrade the mobo to an X48 chipset with DDR3, but after looking at the prices and hearing the i7 920 was to be discontinued I've decided to give it a complete upgrade.

i7 920 (don't know what stepping)
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
EVGA X58 LE (new mid-level, lower priced mobo)
Newegg.com - EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX X58 SLI LE Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
OCZ 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600
Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Corsair 750w PS
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

And I order a EVGA GTX 280 a few days ago so I could make a few Tri-SLI benchmark runs with my Super PC, and I'll be using that GTX 280 in this PC.
EVGA | Products 200 Series Family
And I just got the new cooler for this GTX 280 in the mail today.
Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME GTX 280 Products Model: ACCELX280 [ACCELX280] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Maybe I'll finish this before we see 8 core cpu's :D

Good thing you can afford your ever changing mind :D I'm excited to finally see this thing completely built and with some benchmarks.

Sounds really nice! Here's a kinda stupid question, those heatsinks on the mobo, those are metal right? For some reason they look like plastic to me, unless it's just the paint that makes them look that way.

The case is starting to look pretty. I've painted it and clear coated it but it was streaky so I sanded it down and did a repeat. Needless to say I still wasn't satisfied so it's got about 6 or 7 coats on the top and sides. I should have some new pictures of the case tomorrow.

I've got some new hardware shots for your viewing pleasure thou :D NewEgg sent me a D stepping i7 920, HeHeHe :D

x58le1.jpg

x58le2.jpg

x58le3.jpg

x58le4.jpg

x58le5.jpg

Is that a northbridge heat sink? It looks almost exactly like the cpu heatsink. Looking good so far, can't wait to see it with more stuff :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom