Need a laptop, budget $750-1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo1mcool

Baseband Member
As a grad present my parents are going to let me buy a laptop college.

Due to some scholarship money from my highschool my budget is anywhere from $750-1000.

I currently have a gaming desktop (specs may be in sig) and was hoping to nab a laptop that could also do a little gaming incase I travel and can't bring my pc.

I was looking at this MSI on Newegg: Newegg.com - MSI GX620-001US NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P8400(2.26GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 320GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT - Laptops / Notebooks

I was also looking at the graphics card listing stickied in this forum to check to see where the 9600 falls. For my price range is there any chance to find a laptop with a "class 1" card?

What are your opinions on that MSI? Could I find better?

Thanks for your help!

You better off buying a new one for bestbuy or something, it'll be less hasstle for you when it brakes.

GT 120M isn't that great of a card and WoW and CSS aren't really that demanding anyways.. actually you should have a lot higher FPS than that on both those games

GT 120M isn't that great of a card and WoW and CSS aren't really that demanding anyways.. actually you should have a lot higher FPS than that on both those games

There is something weird with wow and it's graphics engine that only allows it to cap out at like 30ish FPS with top end computer builds while the game graphics are on high.

This could be wrong but I think this is how I remember it being explained on their forums... It has something to do with the graphics engine pulling more processing power from the CPU rather than the graphics card.

Ya I knew that about WoW, and I didn't know the GTS 250 was new enough for that..

But, CSS should run relatively high, around 120FPS (which is where its capped_)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom