PCI Express x16 power connector? Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, Hefemeister, help please? lol. I went to compusa, and I had the XFX 9800 GT in my hands, and was about to take it to the cash register, when it said that it requires at least a 500 watt power supply, AND a 6pin AND 8 pin pci connector.

Like I tried to upgrade my computer and just assumed I was going to be able to use new video cards, but now I have to completely purchase a brand new 500 watt power supply?

Can somebody please give me some advice? >_>

WOW

That is the box, that is actually the same exact card

but I swear on my life that it said that it requires a 6 pin and an 8 pin connector, and at least a 500 watt power supply?

I dont even feel the need to go to compusa and post a link to the card because that is the exact same card.

Should I just buy the card anyway and hope that everything will be fine?

Because I am not even done building my computer, and it is not even assembled, I still need to buy my Intel Core 2 Duo E8400.
So it isnt like I can test it to see, and then take it back, I would have to wait a while. and by then the time they allow to take it back for a refund will have passed.

yes, how much is it at compusa? if it's cheaper at newegg then you should order it from newegg.

and yes just get the card. the 9800GT does not need a 8-pin connector. only a 6- pin

It's just because my budget is 112 dollars. For the cost of the card and tax.

And at compusa, the card was on sale for 99.99

It is such a good deal I am afraid not to buy it..

fair enough the gts250's come in around $120.

Side note:
I see you have a micro atx case. Are you sure the card will fit?

Uhh, guys, I ended up just getting the GeForce XFX 9600 GSO

It just seemed safer, and the price was so low. And it has pictures of crysis on the back.. and it came with company of heroes for free.

I really just wanted a card that could play left 4 dead on max settings.. so this will definitely do.

In your opinion, did I screw up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom