I hate PNY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
blue man, he said "My uncle dropped it though and we didnt realize it was missing" so they obviously don't have the capacitor in hand :p My FX5700 card burnt out and I was pissed and bent it in half and I heard it crack but my friends said 'nah dont break it like that, we gotta find a cooler way of breaking it' man....I ripped the heatsinks off the back that go under some capacitors and the main heatsink.....found out about the manufacturer warrenty....super glued the heatsinks that were on the back, back on....put the heatsink and fan back on and sent it back...mind you there was a little black tiny box thing (not a capacitor but something of that sort) that I tried ripping off with needlenose pliars....it left some marks but didn't even move the thing....luckily they didn't notice that cause they sent me a card back lol :p

Mind you it burnt out in July and I just sent it back at the beginning of Sept. Hehehe

um wow dude... wow. If that truely happened I am really impressed. What manufacturer was this Nubius?

I work for a company as an RMA guy and I've never seen this kind of support from any manufacturer. If that card was in that bad of shape and you got a replacement that is awesome and I want to buy all my cards from them. :)

Yea dude thats awesome. I dont have the capacitor, but i have all the stuff i need to know. I also know how to solder. I just need to know where i can get the part.

I got it from chaintech. The description sounds much worse than it was. When I bent the board you could 'hear' it crack...but there was no visible crack....as for everything else, it looked COMPLETELY normal...the heatsinks were just superglued on but who could tell that :p The only sort of actual NOTICEABLE physical damage was on this little tiny black box near some capacitors and that thing didn't want to budge with the needlenose so all it did was put a little groove in the plastic....and that little black box is smaller than a dime soooooo yeah.... Considering they sent one back with a heatsink about 2x the size of the original and little heatsinks on the 'black box' that I had originally tried pulling off...I think they had heating issues with that card and had a lot of replacements for it and they had to redesign it as far as cooling goes. It also didn't help at the time it was running in a comp with stock HSF and no case fans and the door open, CPU was 64C IDLE so god knows how hot it was during gaming.

Like I said, I think I just got lucky, they probably glanced at the card, didn't even notice the scratch in the plastic on the black thing, threw it in a box and sent me the 'revised' one and just thought 'Oh another one of those overheated ones' soooo yeah. Uber lucky on that, and nothing computer related 'good luck' ever happens to me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom