Psu??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
so now i have my new mobo, cpu and ram ill be ordering today with a bit of luck.

im thinking of getting a Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB

would i need to upgrade my PSU?

i have a 300 Watt at the moment

i have had a look at these kind of ones

Arctic Power 500W PSU With PCI-E 2x SATA, 20+4 ATX12V 8pin +12V Connectors - Retail Boxed - Ebuyer

OCZ Stealth XStream 600W PSU - SLI Ready ATX2.2 12cm Fan - Ebuyer

Arctic Power 700W PSU - With PCI-E, 4x SATA, 20+4, ATX12V, 8pin +12V Connectors - Retail Boxed - Ebuyer ( i like this one as its 700w so ill have enuff if i wanted to add more stuff) =]

The 9400GT is a really crappy GPU if you have any intention of modern gaming @ high settings..

That GPU doesn't require a power connector, so you really don't have to worry about not being able to run something because of lack of PSU Power... but if you really game, I think you should consider at least an HD 4650

so i guess ill have to get a PSU first then a card thats a bummer

im going to order a 800w one

im allso looking for a audio card so anyone have any suggestions?

*edit* oops sorry for the double post

Unless you really like music, or your mobos really crappy, dont get a sound card.

Also..... my main rig is only powered by a 700W psu...... 800 is way ovekill unles youre running dual 285s.

I ran my rig on a 520hx for a bit.. its all about the Amps.

I think before you buy any more you need to rethink your now, near future and "future" needs.

Unless you really like music, or your mobos really crappy, dont get a sound card.

Also..... my main rig is only powered by a 700W psu...... 800 is way ovekill unles youre running dual 285s.

I ran my rig on a 520hx for a bit.. its all about the Amps.

I think before you buy any more you need to rethink your now, near future and "future" needs.

I run my system on a 520hx just fine with no problems as well.

p.s

everytime i play stuff or have my headphones plugged in its making like a static sound and is reallyyy annoying!!

this is through the multi card reader i have

Carnage..... I've got sli, so not enough 6-pins on the 520.

Pcboy......... don't understand

"this is throut the multi card reader i have"

What board now? as your above link is a 8 channel audio.

i have a multi card reader on the front of my case it allso has

a headphone jack and mic jack

it has like a buzzing inside it where its gone all static nothing to do with the mobo i have i dont think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom