Laptop cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I find that very hard to believe. The only thing that the solder would be exposed to is heat, and the solder material is designed to withstand heat pretty well. So unless that mobo/solder was 10 years old that's not going to be a problem.

It depends what we are talking about for compressed air. If you mean the little dust off cans, definitely not. But if you are talking an air compressor, you might be surprised what a concentrated blast of 120PSI of air will do to surface mounted components.

Also, can't spinning a fan create an electrical current through the wire? That's what I was told once, and was told to always hold them still while cleaning with air.

It depends what we are talking about for compressed air. If you mean the little dust off cans, definitely not. But if you are talking an air compressor, you might be surprised what a concentrated blast of 120PSI of air will do to surface mounted components.

i was pretty sure we were talking about a can of compressed air, obviously if we were talking about a high psi dirrected blast from a air compressor which i have used before, it is possible, but still unlikely.
Also, can't spinning a fan create an electrical current through the wire? That's what I was told once, and was told to always hold them still while cleaning with air.
You mean like the fan acting like a electrical turbine? Well it may be possible but the fans are not designed to do that, so it may do it but it would probably do no damage. I have never held fans when dusting them and never had a problem.

Thanks for all the responses everyone.
I think I going to use a q-tip instead. I couldn't bring myself to spend $5 on a can of compressed air. It just didn't seem worth it.

I think I going to use a q-tip instead. I couldn't bring myself to spend $5 on a can of compressed air. It just didn't seem worth it.

get the compressed air, not only will it do a much better job, but it was not leave fuz behind.

How do you guys clean your keyboards? My keyboard is kind of nasty underneath the keys. It has like hair and dirt and stuff...

i use compressed air, and if it is really really dirty then i will take off the keys and give it a good blast or wipe down.

The compressed air is worth it IMO. It gets into places where q-tips and others things can not reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom