CPU upgrade question

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want higher settings, you need a better GPU. Getting a slightly faster CPU would be a waste of money.

Hmmm might look into it guys thanks alot for your ideas, helped me a great deal, anyother ideas feel free to let me know

was randomly surfing the egg jsut then and found this:
Intel Pentium E6300 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
Excuse my ignorance, but would this fit my mobo as it is a E6x00 series or is the fact that its a dual-core not duo core affect its compatablity?

Must be a typo as the e6300 has a stock speed of 1.86Ghz.

Nah, that the new released Wolfdale version man (its 45nm..)

But regardless, your 8800GT should run.. Core 2 Duo is low clock speed, but it should play any game out there right now, regardless of its low clock (it just is really fast low clock speed)..

You should play any game regardless if it says the recommended Clock is a 3.2Ghz CPU

Thanks. I see that now.

Why in the world would Intel name a wolfdale with the same name as a conroe.

Some 775 boards cannot run a 45nm and it seems like it would confuse people. Myself included.

Thanks. I see that now.

Why in the world would Intel name a wolfdale with the same name as a conroe.

Some 775 boards cannot run a 45nm and it seems like it would confuse people. Myself included.

Ya, if you Google that, on pretty much every Tech-Forum, everybody is like "wtfzor, same name?".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom