AMD and PCI Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratty

Baseband Member
I own a Amd64 and was just wondering if there are any amd socket pci express motherboards ou there. I have been looking and i cant find any. If you find some could you please tell me the price.

P.S Is PCI Expess really worth it yet.
P.P.S I Need members on my forum.

You will see a lot of Athlon64 motherboards equipped with PCI-E coming out in early 2005, as that is when it will become the next standard.

PCI-E is definatly worth it - But the current video cards are not.

ag3 said:
PCI-E is definatly worth it - But the current video cards are not.

Absolutely agree with ag3 here ... There should be a major change in the pricing as well as the types of cards in the coming months as PCi-ex becomes industry standard

The current technology is not ready to take the full advantage of PCI-E.

ag3 said:
The current technology is not ready to take the full advantage of PCI-E.

Agreed, Right now you will notice no difference between AGP 8x and PCIe 16x. If you can wait then it will be worth it since right now there is a longevity factor no matter what you do since if you want something lasting like PCIe then you need to get a 32 bit processor which are the old standard and if you want a 64 bit processor then you have to settle for agp which is the old standard. Not to say that either of the "old" standards are bad, it's just that if you want to make a purchase that will last you more than one year i would wait because everything is changing right now. Once you can get a 64 bit processor with a well priced PCIe card is when the next time to upgrade should be. Just my opinion. :beard:

Are there any thoughts as to when the price of the tope of the range graphics cards will come down. (6800+x800)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom