Cheapest Video Card for Sims 3 and other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie105

Baseband Member
Ok, so I've been advised to get a HD 4670, but before I purchase one, I just want to make sure that there is nothing else on the market that will be able to throw the Sims 3 around on everything set to high? Also, another game I'll shortly be getting is Sean White Snowboarding on PC so it will need to throw that around too, and possibly FIFA 2009.

If anyone thinks the 4670 is too much or there is something more suitable that's cheaper, please say :]

Thanks

Currently Sims 3 is having massive problems with newer cards, but everyone listing a Nvid 8800 GT model seems to be playing fine - although even with a HD 4890 from Radeon - I cannot play with full Graphics setting without lag and stutters.....

Seems to be my OS, as well as new GPU problem - and possibly Game needing patched.

I know that's not a lot of help, but it needs to be said - if you haven't bought Sims3 yet - I'd hold out for a bit- until some patches are made to fix the too common issues of lag, stuttering, and crashing that seem to effect 9/10 of the players currently.

Although I must say, it's pretty rediculously fun even though I stutter in game play... the customization and colours are.... amazing... you can color your roots, main hair, highlights, and tips for just the right hair color you want.... which is.. supurbly detailed. The new system is pretty easy too, and... it's just freakin amazing. Lol!

IF you liked sims, loved sims2, you'll die for 3. Speakin of death - you can now avoid death with special flowers! and gardening (and other misc skills) actually work! you can have your own food supplies all the time! and death got better looking.... and ghosts look AMAZING. Although you can no longer drown your sim with just a pool... they can climb out the sides without a ladder - but you can add walls to prevent that... hehehe... DIE SIM DIE!

I hope someone else has some better input on the Quality Graphics for Cheapest price for ya... I started to ramble... sorry.. hehe.

well my new GTX 260 plays the sims 3 fine. all day long. maxed out. but a GTX 260 is overkill for TS3

and reading around on the various places on the net, it seems there are problems with TS3 and certain ATI cards and drivers.

Mostly the newer series - I edited my post.

My issue isn't just that but OS too, windows 7 isn't supported for any game yet.

I do find that turning off AAA helps A LOT though.

The beta drivers did appear to work better then the released drivers on sight - I really wish I didn't update them now - and even removing them doesn't seem to help now, I wanted CCC to play with settings (regretted that too now) and when I removed both my system didn't return to it's performance it had.....

I guess this should finally set into my head... "If it's not broke - Don't Fix it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom