Hard Drive question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callofbooty

Baseband Member
So ive gone through 3 hard drives in the last six months on my newly built pc. Besides dropping it, is there any internal reason why i could have so many HDD's failing? Like a bad bios setup? Overclocking? Which I did try only once. GPU OCing? I also did once. Also, my hard drive is not screwed into my case because its a piece of crap toolless case. Instead it sits somewhat snug in a slot? Could this be it?

Vista HP 32
Biostar TP45 HP
Radeon HD 4850
Pentium Dual core E5200
OCZ DDR2 800 2 sticks 4Gb total
Corsair 650TX
Aftermarket heatsink on cpu
dual hard drive fan attached to hard drive
1 fan in front of case
2 exhaust fans in rear
1 side case fan

sorry it took so long. playing geARS OF WAR 2. i WAS USING ALL Western Digital or Seagate brands. All were SATA. Internal Harddrives. 3.5 in. 0-500Gb. Do you want the specific model numbers?

Are you sure it's the hdd's that are failing? What exactly is happening that makes you say that? It's possible the error is due to something other than the hdds.

agreed. the chance of 3 quality brands of hard drives failing in 6 months is extremely low. Perhaps a bad sata cable or bad sata port on your motherboard.

If you still have some of your old failed drives, try them with a different cable into a different port or try them on another computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom