After reformat, cable modem not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
install the origional sound blaster driver then install the patch. If that does not work go to sound blasters website and grab them directly.

The Dell website doesn't seem to list the SB driver in that Audio list, there is just a driver for the integrated audio, and that patch for SB that i mentioned.

Everest isn't telling me exactly what version I have, so even though I found the list of legacy cards on Sound Blaster's website, I am not sure which model it is:

Creative Worldwide Support

As for the Network drivers, I have found two downloads that look like they are close.

This one looks exactly right, but unfortunately is for Windows 95: Intel® PRO/100B Adapter Windows* 95 Driver Release [PRO95.EXE]

The only other ones I can find are on this list:Download Search Results!

The problem with the second link being that I am not sure if the 82557/82558/82559 model applies, look back to my everest screenshot of the network card to see what I mean.

Support Intel After trying to download the driver, I get a "not found" page = / Is the driver itself gone or is the page just down?

As for the model, it is a Dimension 8250 I believe.

Ah never mind, I tried again and it worked.

Thanks very much, the internet is now functional!

Only issue left to deal with is sound.

When I try to use that download, it says "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system" and then exits.

That's the download I was suspecting too, how could it be the wrong one?

I'm afraid that link gave me the same error. The resource CD had only one Audio driver for some type of onboard audio that I haven't heard of, and that didn't work either.

You should have had another disk labeled "sound blaster audigy2" that came with everything.
for some reason I think it is black.

Another option would be to email dell and ask them which driver to use. Give them the model and service tag and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom