What is the point of linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, I am just waiting for my defragm to finish then I have to restart my pc to finish the instalation of vmware and then I will let you know what I think of linux.

The great thing about Linux, one thing, is you can use what is called "Live CD's", ISO images you burn to CD. What this means is that you can try a distro out without installing it. VMware isn't necessary to do that, although maybe you want it for other reasons.

John if you get the linux habbit we have a local linux user group that meet's in the FACT cinema in liverpool city centre once a month.

That sounds like something I would be interested in, can you please send me more info. I know the fact center very well I have been there loads of times. Also are you from Liverpool?

Also my name isn't john it's just a username, and the email address that you have on me isn't in use any more as it was just a temporary one that was attached to my proper email address.

Yea I am a scouser, PM me your email address and I will get the info for the local user group to you we are linux newbie friendly.

I will pm you know

Edit: Right I am now using linux to view this web page but the screen seems to be flickering a bit is that normal? Also what can I try out while I am using linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom