Help Me Customize a PC from Cyber Power or I Buy Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora D.

Baseband Member
Ok, so my crappy Toshiba labtop and my old Dell desktop just aren't doing it for me, and I want a computer that better meets my needs. I do a wide range of things from Internet Surfing, Microsoft Word/Excel Processing, Corel X Painting w/ Wacom Tablet, and Gaming. So I want a computer that will meet my needs. I don't really need a high power gaming pc but a pc that can handle all of what I mention, and handle fairly new and upcoming games like the Sims 3, etc. pretty well. The catch is I want everything (including keyboard, mouse, and LCD screen) for under $1000, maybe just a tad over but not by more than $100. I kind of think a quad core would be nice, but I have no idea if an overclocked duo would be better. Anyways, I don't know much about computers so please help me. At least just give me some guidelines to go by, in fact anything or any comments would be helpful!! Thanks a million...:D

Well I played with a few and this is what I found.

I do do setups with the Phenom II x3 720 proc. 4gb of ddr2 ram. GTS250 video card. 17" monitor for just under $1000

If you are going to buy a prebuilt computer the two sites you chose are your best options.

If you did want to build your own, It could be done for around $300 less with much better components.

^^ I'll second this. You can also look around on newegg for prebuilts, they have some nice ones from those companies and others.

Though I will say you would save money building your own, it's up to you in the end.

Ooooh, that $300 dollars would be nice. I have a relative that would be fully willing to build a computer for me, and is experienced on the subject. I might do it if somebody else on this site had a computer similar to what I'm asking for that works well, and I could imitate all of their parts. Could anybody point me to a build that would fit my needs, and I could imitate to build it myself?

Hickaricloud is the build master and uses the x3 720 himself. Give him a bit and he will whip you up a special recipe.

Oh, thank you so much Hikari. I really appreciate it. I hope to get this computer built by July up and running. I probably will get logitech's wave cordless kit. Ok, thanks again!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom