Need advice on what processor to buy. Also, gtx 260 x2 future proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will second Antec as a good value PSU. I have one in my old rig (antec pure power 2.0 550watt) that has run many different gpu's and worked very nice for many years. (knocks on wood)

Some people say Rosewill PSUs aren't that great, but I really beg to differ. For the money, they are pretty good. On a medium budget they work great. Antec is also pretty great.

But then again, I don't know anything about recommending PSU brands. Don't listen to me. [/sarcasm] Lol. :p

Right now I already have a GTX 260 to work with and a 700 watt OCZ PSU. I'm wondering if i can get away with two gtx 260s in sli with the core i7 and play games maxed out at 1080p at 60fps with the power supply I have now until I can afford to upgrade both the PSU and the GPU. I'd have both cards overclocked to 650/1160. I just don't see having to upgrade dual overclocked gtx 260s anytime soon at 1920x1080. What do you guys think? The difference between keeping my psu and simply buying another gtx 260 and going for the gtx 285s and new psu is like $650. Even if i were to just stick with a single gtx285 it would be like an extra $290. Aren't two gtx 260s more powerful in sli than one gtx285? And if I can use my current psu then why bother upgrading until i really need to in a year or so?

Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

GeForce GTX 260 review

A second GeForce GTX 260 requires you to have a 700 Watt power supply unit at minimum if you use it in a high-end system. That power supply needs to have (in total accumulated) at least 50 Amps available on the 12 volts rails.

Is this site reputable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom