Antec 1200 Quad gpu folding rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here are some long overdue updates. I'm still waiting on my fourth gpu, poizzen has RMAd it to BFG but it's still sitting there with them at this time.

So, with just these last two items on my to do list I figured I'd post some photos:

1) Install second gpu
2) Swap out current SATA data cable for double right angle cable for the DVD drive. They've been ordered from performance pcs but I'm just waiting now.

So, any ideas on what's going on here?

Picture108.jpg

Here is a pic of the terminal block for the fans:

Picture123.jpg

And the quick disconnects for the front fans:

Picture126.jpg

And some general photos, you can see that I'm still missing the 4th gpu, there is a stray 6 pin power supply for when it comes in.

Picture112.jpg

Picture113.jpg

Here is some of the wire management, a 4 pin 12V supply to the mobo and tucked down around the heat sink is a 4 pin moles supply as well, both had to be sleeved, the molex connection I used a 90 degree head on it rather than the standard housings.

Picture127.jpg

And the GPUs:

Picture129.jpg

You can see the red SATA I need to swap out there under the cards, also if you look at the full interior photo you can see it in red in the top right corner, the right to right connection in black will hide that even better.

Once I get to that point then it's just a matter of tightening it all up and it'll be done! Woot woot! It's too bad that freakn 9800gtx+ is so bohemouth, the double 6 pin supplies just add that much more wiring in plain view....but not much else I can do with it.

I'll post final pics once the last card is installed and the new SATA is swapped in.

Wow. It looks absolutely amazing. Those gpus are stacked and packed in that sucker. I do love the cable sleeving, and great wire management. Keep up the great work jfen!

So here are some long overdue updates. I'm still waiting on my fourth gpu, poizzen has RMAd it to BFG but it's still sitting there with them at this time.

So, with just these last two items on my to do list I figured I'd post some photos:

1) Install second gpu
2) Swap out current SATA data cable for double right angle cable for the DVD drive. They've been ordered from performance pcs but I'm just waiting now.

So, any ideas on what's going on here?

Picture108.jpg

wait, lol wut? why does that 8600GTS have a double spaced PCI bracket? or is that a 8800GT?

^^ I'm guessing you are going to use the single bracket that was originally on the 8600gts for the 4th gpu in the folding rig since the 1200 only has 7 expansion slots.

^^ I'm guessing you are going to use the single bracket that was originally on the 8600gts for the 4th gpu in the folding rig since the 1200 only has 7 expansion slots.

i would bet that this is the reason.

edit: and now looking at the pics i guess i never realized how small the 8800GTS G92 is. i though my 9800GTX was a tad on the small size. same with my GTX 260

very good, yeah...took me a good 30 seconds to try and figure out why my 8800gt with the akimbo on it wouldn't fit in the 4th slot (trial quad gpu run). Also ran into the problem that the single gpu plates have a slight bezel to one edge...had to sand it off with the belt sander to get it to fit flat for the install.

Ok ladies and gents she's pretty much done, I've had all the cards folding for a while now but never got them all together until this past weekend. Here are some final shots, feel free to comment, I'd have liked to hide all cables but to be honest with these gpus that's not possible, went for the minimization. More than anything this was a psu sleeving experiment. The mod isn't done, the case should get a good working over in a year or so, but no time this summer so for now it will stay stock. You'll probably notice the odd scratch here and there, I wasn't ubber careful with it knowing it's planned for a makeover next year, new paint etc…

BACK:

Picture002.jpg

GUTS:

Picture048.jpg

DVD

Picture052.jpg

Some wire management shots:

Mobo power:
Picture011.jpg

Additional GPU power:

Picture010.jpg

Fun shot:

Picture034.jpg

The project took WAY longer than I thought but I finally got the last cables and 8800gts installed. WOOT WOOT, time to move onto the next project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom