Can't access bios after clearing Cmos??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inks2

Beta member
I setup a pc that we have had for like 10 years as my mom has stuff on there that she needed...anyway when we put it on we noticed that there was a CMOS password but we had no idea what it was so I cleared the CMOS using the jumpers. When i started the pc up again I got a black screen with the following infomation...

PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0
Copyright 1985 - 1999 Phoenix Technologies Ltd. All rights Reserved
Copyright 1996 - 1999 Intel Corpation.
4W4SB0X0.15A0013.P08

Intel (R) Pentium (R) III processor 500 MHz
128 System RAM

Press <F1> to enter SETUP

The thing is when I press F1 i get nothing at all apart from a beep everytime I press it and it stays on the same screen...I have tried pressing F1 repeatedly from the time I press the power on button, I've tried holding down the F1 button but still I get nothing...I don't know what else to do....Can anybody help us please??!!

Thanks,
inks

What do you mean by setup? Did you install any components or upgrade any BIOS by any chance? You said you had this computer for about 10 years? My guess is that your CMOS battery is dead. Buy a new one and see if that works. Good luck.

By setup I take it that it means bios/cmos settings...as for the battery, I have already tried a new one and i get the same thing.

If you really the need the stuff off of there you can just stick the hard drive from the old PC into a functional one and get at it that way.

what kind of keyboard are you using?
Have you tried it with a different one (ps2) especially if the keyboard you are using is usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom