Intel i7 Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I priced it out on alienware (with a 975 and dual 285s and didn't change the HDD setup) and it was just over $5k.

I can't even imagine how much AlienWare charged you for that system... did you buy any parts and install yourself or did you have AlienWare do it all for you?

I could never pay $5K+ for a computer... I mean... wow.

I could duplicate your system from mine for.. $1,400 more right now... Lolz

Which makin what I already spent on monitor and all that... be about $3,000 and I'd have a i7 920 laying around doing nothing and 12GB of RAM that would be 1/2 wasted.... Doesn't seem to worth it to me...

Guess I could use 6GB of extra ram and the old "i7 920" I had with a $200 board and a $60 Harddrive with a $100 GPU as a backup system... Lol....

so... spend 1,800 more and have 2 i7 systems for a total cost of $3,400

And Zed.. yea.. it's.. really amazing how some people have life so easy that they can afford a $5K+ dollar PC for Gaming use... I mean.. sheesh... I'd have to win the PowerBall (lottery) here to be able to live like that.

Here's a little snip from my life-
I could live pretty well on $1,500/month income. However due to location and the economy sucking so badly I barely make $250/month, I can no longer afford to pay rent so I had to move back in with Family (*shudder*) now my freedom is gone, I have to live by "the house rules" which means bed early, lots of chores, and no drinking or having fun. Game time is limited.

That being said - $5,000 for a PC is literally 3 months of Freedom I could of had.

given my sub 2000 dollar computer runs at 4.5ghz... to add one more 285 would put me at 2340 or so... I'd say dollar for dollar.. I have alienware beat.. typically people who have money to blow, or just don't do research buy those things... I know I considered it before I started researching when I went to buy my first system a few years back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom