Why slower than advertised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
My CD Burner is advertised to write at 52x, however the program I'm using says the max is 40x. What gives? It's not a big deal because it still burned in 3 minutes, I'm just curious.

this as well depends on the Media, so the CD's u r using must be 40X compatible.

understand? dont worry, it is 52X as if u bought 52X.

for your satisfaction, buy some 52X speeed compatible media, and jump in joy.

I didn't think about the actual CDs, thank you for the reply Blind_Arrow. Do some CD Burners record better quality sound than others? This could all be in my head, but I'm convinced that the sound quality is better with my new Sony burner than with the old emachines one.

the number that drives are rated at means an average speed, however your software might need to be updated in this situation. what kind of burning software are you using? have you checked for an update? Keep in mind that even if the software was new with the drive it still might need an update... :)

Agree with Blueman here.

As far as audio quality goes ... I'm not sure about how it would vary from burner to burner .. other than reliabilty issues.

In common practice cd's burnt at slower speeds tend to be more reliable ... especially when used with unbranded media.

Thank you all for your replies. I didn't think about hard drive speed affecting write speed when burning files. As for the updates, I need to check on that. Thanks for all the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom